What actions can you take to reduce your risk?
- More hand washing; less face touching. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth/nose with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing.
- Regular use of alcohol-based hand sanitizer covering all surfaces of the hands and rubbing them together until dry will decrease risk that the virus is transmitted to you or other people.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home while you are sick and avoid close contact with others.
- Have a plan to care for family members should they get sick or schools/offices be closed.
- Know your workplace telecommute options and school/daycare policies.
- Stock up on food supplies and prescription medications now, so you don’t have to leave your home if you or someone in your household becomes infected.
Information and resources are updated frequently and can be found at kingcounty.gov/COVID.
A public hotline has been set up by Washington State Dept of Health for individuals seeking information about their personal situation: 800-525-0127.