Now is your chance to join this group of concerned and dedicated citizens who play a significant role in city government. Commission positions are great for citizens who want to be advocates, proactive participants, and leaders in the growth of Covington. Commission members participate in advisory, advocacy, and planning activities.
To be included in an upcoming selection process, please complete a City Commission Application (available by clicking the link on the left side of the page) or at Covington City Hall, 16720 SE 271st St. Applications should be directed to Senior Deputy City Clerk Joan Michaud in person, by mail or to email@example.com.
Current and Future Openings:
- Covington Economic Development Council: Openings for two adults. Applications are currently being accepted. Interviews tentatively scheduled for Tuesday, July 9, and Tuesday, August 13 (early evening hours). Application deadline: Monday, June 24, 5 p.m.
- Planning Commission: Openings for three adults. Interviews scheduled for Tuesday, August 13 (early evening hours). Application deadline: Monday, July 29, 5 p.m.
- Youth Council: Openings for youth ages 15-18 that live within city limits or attend school in Covington and live within three miles of city limits. See Youth Council page or contact Sr. Deputy City Clerk for application. Next interviews to be determined.
- Parks & Recreation Commission: Immediate opening for one adult or youth for a replacement position. Interview date to be determined. Position open until filled.
- Arts Commission: Immediate opening for one adult for a replacement position. Interview date to be determined. Position open until filled.