Now is your chance to join this group of concerned and dedicated citizens who play a significant role in city government. Commission positions are great for citizens who want to be advocates, proactive participants, and leaders in the growth of Covington. Commission members participate in advisory, advocacy, and planning activities.
To be included in an upcoming selection process, please complete a City Commission Application (available by clicking the link on the left side of the page) or at Covington City Hall, 16720 SE 271st St. Applications should be directed to Senior Deputy City Clerk Joan Michaud in person, by mail or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current and Future Openings:
- Human Services Commission: Openings for one youth (ages 14-18) and three adults. Applications are currently being accepted. Interviews tentatively scheduled for Tuesday, March 12 (early evening hours).
- Parks & Recreation Commission: One open position for youth (ages 14-18) or adult. Applications accepted until position filled. Interview date to be determined.
- Arts Commission: Openings for three adults and/or youth (ages 14-18). Application deadline May 13, 5:00 p.m.. Interviews tentatively scheduled for Tuesday, May 28.
- Youth Council Adult Leaders: Please contact the Sr. Deputy City Clerk for application at 253-480-2409 or email@example.com. Application deadline: January 25, 5:00 p.m. Interviews scheduled for Tuesday, February 12.
- Youth Council: Openings for youth ages 15-18 that live within city limits or attend school in Covington and live within three miles of city limits. See Youth Council page or contact Sr. Deputy City Clerk for application. Next interviews TBD.