Use Citizens Connect to:
- Apply for an ePermit - Apply online for residential and commercial building, mechanical, plumbing, fire systems, and sign permits.
- Make a payment
- Upload a document
- Schedule an inspection - Guide to Scheduling Inspections Online
Permit Center (effective July 6, 2021)
Permit Counter Hours:
Monday through Thursday - 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. by appointment only. (*Closed Fridays, weekends and holidays)
*Hours may be temporarily changed and/or reduced based on staffing and availability.
To schedule an appointment, email email@example.com or call (253) 480-2400 and select 0 to speak with a receptionist.
Plan Review staff is responsible for the implementation of the International Codes as adopted by the State of Washington and amended by the City of Covington. These codes include the International Building Code, International Residential Code, International Mechanical Code, Uniform Plumbing Code, International Property Maintenance Code, International Existing Building Code, Washington State Energy Code, Washington State Ventilation and Indoor Air Quality Code, Washington State Historic Building Code, Washington State Manufactured Homes Installation Requirements or Mobile Homes Installation Requirements and the Washington State Factory Built Housing and Commercial Structures Installation Requirements or Modular Installation Requirements. Click here for link to online codes.
Plan Review staff is also responsible for the review of all construction plans submitted for permit. These plans are reviewed for compliance with the adopted International Code and City regulations. Our staff is certified by ICC and other organizations to review plans using the International Building Code, International Mechanical Code and International Plumbing. Plan reviews are completed using checklists to ensure the completeness of the review.
Schedule an Inspection:
Online at Inspection Requests or by phone at (253) 480-2440. Virtual Inspections/Site Conditions
Cancel a Scheduled Inspection:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (253) 480-2440.
Building Inspection Hours:
Monday through Thursday - 8 a.m. to Noon (*Closed Fridays, weekends and holidays)
- Requests are accepted until 3 p.m. each business day for the following business day.
- All Permits and approved plans are required to be on-site or in the general contractor's site offices at the time of the inspection.
- The general contractor or permit holder is responsible for insuring that all areas are inspected prior to concealment.
- Areas of inspections need to be ready when the inspection is requested and the contact person must be on-site.
Permit Applications, Forms, Submittal Requirements and Fees
The City has many types of permits for residential and commercial development and other types of projects. You can find the most common permits, submittal requirements, informational forms and fees on this site. They are presented as downloadable pdf (Adobe Acrobat) documents.
To view or print forms, you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer.
(Obtain free Acrobat Reader)