Lakepointe Urban Village Subarea
(formerly known as Hawk Property Subarea)
Starting in 2013, the Covington community has been planning for the future development of what was once the Lakeside Gravel Mine. More background information on the planning and public involvement in the development of the Hawk Property Subarea Plan and nonproject Planned Action EIS can be found by clicking here.
(Note: Oakpointe, the master developer of the subarea, has notified the city that they will be calling the future development in that area now undergoing mine reclamation “Lakepointe”.)
On November 21, 2016, Oakpointe submitted the three applications: Development Agreement, LU16-0026; Zoning Map Amendment, LU16-0025; and a Boundary Line Adjustment, LU16-0024), as well as SEPA documentation (SEPA17-01).
At the City Council meeting on April 25, 2017, councilmembers unanimously passed Ord. 02-2017 with amendments to Sections 9.1.3, 19.2.13, 34.2 and 36.2 of the Development Agreement (Exhibit A).
At this time the existing asphalt batch plant is continuing operation and the Washington State Department of Natural Resources is overseeing the Surface Mine Reclamation Permit #70-011069(Black River S&G) they issued in 2016, which authorizes surface mine reclamation within the Lakepointe Urban Village Subarea.
Development Agreement Processing and Approval Overview
|Date of Submission||11/21/2016|
|Notice of Complete Applications/ Request for corrections and additional information||12/16/2016|
|Notice of Application||12/30/2016|
|21 Day Public Comment Period ends||1/20/2017|
|Revised application material submitted to city||2/2/2017|
|Master Developer presentation to the Planning Commission of the Lakepointe Urban Village Development Agreement, Zoning Map Amendment, and Boundary Line Adjustment||3/2/2017|
Planning Commission Public Hearing
Staff Memo to Planning Commission
- Supplemental Memo #1
- Supplemental Memo #2
Notice of Public Hearing
Issued Determination of Significance and Adoption of Existing Environmental Document including Addendum
|City Council Public Hearing
Agenda Item #1 Lakepointe Urban Village Public Hearing Blue Sheet
| City Council Meeting continued Deliberation & Decision
Agenda Item #1. Deliberation and Consideration of an Ordinance on the Lakepointe Urban Village Development Agreement, Zoning Map Amendment, and Boundary Line Adjustment.
|April 25, 2017|
Links to other related information:
- Boundary Line Adjustment recorded on July 13, 2017- Recording #20170713900001
- Ord. No. 02-2017 Exhibit A approved on April 25, 2017 Lakepointe Urban Village Development Agreement. (Development Agreement recorded with King County on August 17, 2017 - Recording #20170817001485)
- April 25, 2017 City Council Agenda Packet
- April 11, 2017 City Council Agenda Packet
- SEPA - Determination of Significance & adoption of existing Environmental Documents including Addendum issued on March 24, 2017
- SEPA - Addendum issued on April 11, 2017- related to noise
- March 16 2017 Planning Commission Agenda Packet
- March 2, 2017 Planning Commission Agenda Packet
- Hawk Property Subarea Plan and Environmental Review
- Hawk Property Annexation
- 204th Ave SE Update - Frequently Asked Questions