Now is your chance to join this group of concerned and dedicated citizens who play a significant role in city government. Commission positions are great for citizens who want to be advocates, proactive participants, and leaders in the growth of Covington. Commission members participate in advisory, advocacy, and planning activities.
To be included in an upcoming selection process, please complete a City Commission Application (available by clicking the link on the left side of the page) or at Covington City Hall, 16720 SE 271st St. Applications should be directed to Senior Deputy City Clerk Joan Michaud in person, by mail or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current and Future Openings:
- Human Services Commission: One immediate opening for one youth ages 14-18. Futures openings in March. Applications are being accepted until position is filled. Interview date(s) to be determined.
- Economic Development Council: Opening for one adult. Applications are being accepted until position is filled. Interview date(s) to be determined.
- Parks & Recreation Commission: Processing of applications begins in December. Applications may be submitted at any time. Open to adults and youth ages 14-18. Interviews in January. Exact date(s) to be determined.
- Arts Commission: Openings for adult or youth ages 14-18 in May. Applications May be submitted at any time. Interviews in May. Exate date(s) to be determined.
- Covington Youth Commission: Openings for all positions for youth ages 15-18 that live within city limits or attend school in Covington and live within three miles of city limits. The application process for the youth commission can be found at www.covingtonwa.gov/youthcouncil.