Now is your chance to join this group of concerned and dedicated citizens who play a significant role in city government. Commission positions are great for citizens who want to be advocates, proactive participants, and leaders in the growth of Covington. Commission members participate in advisory, advocacy, and planning activities.
To be included in an upcoming selection process, please complete a City Commission Application (available by clicking the link on the left side of the page) or at Covington City Hall, 16720 SE 271st St. Applications should be directed to Senior Deputy City Clerk Joan Michaud in person, by mail or to email@example.com.
Current and Future Openings:
- Human Services Commission: Openings for two youth. Applications are being accepted for youth ages 14-18. Interview date tentatively scheduled for Tuesday, March 13.
- Economic Development Council: Opening for one adult. Applications are being accepted until position is filled. Interview date tentatively scheduled for April 10.
- Arts Commission: One opening for a replacement partial term beginning January 1, 2018. Openings for adult or youth ages 14-18 in May. Applications may be submitted at any time. Interviews on Tuesday, February 13, for replacement position. Interviews in May for regular commission terms. Exact date(s) to be determined.
- Planning Commission: One opening for a replacement partial term beginning approximately April 1, 2018. Opening is for an adult. Applications may be submitted at any time. Interview date tentatively scheduled for April 10.
- Covington Youth Commission: Openings for all positions for youth ages 15-18 that live within city limits or attend school in Covington and live within three miles of city limits. The application process for the youth commission can be found at www.covingtonwa.gov/youthcouncil.