Now is your chance to join this group of concerned and dedicated citizens who play a significant role in city government. Commission positions are great for citizens who want to be advocates, proactive participants, and leaders in the growth of Covington. Commission members participate in advisory, advocacy, and planning activities.
To be included in an upcoming selection process, please complete a City Commission Application (available by clicking the link on the left side of the page) or at Covington City Hall, 16720 SE 271st St. Applications should be directed to Senior Deputy City Clerk Joan Michaud in person, by mail or to email@example.com.
Current and Future Openings:
- Human Services Commission: Openings for one youth (ages 14-18). Applications are being accepted until youth position is filled. Openings for three adult positions coming up in 2019. Applications are currently being accepted. Interviews tentatively scheduled for March 2019.
- Parks & Recreation Commission: Openings for two adults and/or youth (ages 14-18). Applications are currently being accepted. Interviews being scheduled for January 22, 2019 (early evening hours). Application deadline: December 28, 5:00 p.m.
- Arts Commission: Openings for three adults and/or youth (ages 14-18). Applications are currently being accepted. Interviews tentatively scheduled for May 2019.
- Youth Council Adult Leaders: Please contact the Sr. Deputy City Clerk for application at 253-480-2409 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline: January 25, 5:00 p.m.
- Youth Council: Openings for youth ages 15-18 that live within city limits or attend school in Covington and live within three miles of city limits. See Youth Council page or contact Sr. Deputy City Clerk for application. Next interviews being scheduled for January 8, 2019 (early evening hours).